Important Privacy Information
Anything Baby complies with the:
- Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) in relation to its non-commercial activities;
- National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) in relation to its commercial activities;
- Australian Direct Marketing Association Code of Practice in relation to how we market to our customers;
- the Spam Act 2003 (Commonwealth) in relation to electronic marketing; and
- The Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Commonwealth) in the event that any telemarketing is undertaken.
How to contact us?
Anything Baby is committed to working with its customers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy.
Customers wishing to contact us can either:
Write to us at:
Anything Baby Head Office
PO Box 317
Phone 1300 735 206 and ask to speak to Bridgette Dowling between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm EST Monday to Friday.
Without limiting the generality of the above statement, your use of this website constitutes an acknowledgement that you have been made aware of our privacy policies.
This policy does not create or confer upon any individual any rights, or impose upon Anything Baby any rights or obligations outside of, or in addition to, those rights or obligations imposed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), the Spam Act 2003 (Commonwealth), the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Commonwealth) or related legislation ('the legislation').
Should there be, in a specific case, any inconsistency between this statement and the Act, this statement shall be interpreted, in respect of that case, to give effect to, and comply with the legislation.
This policy includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples, therefore where the word 'including' is used, it shall mean 'including without limitation'.
Personal information means information we hold about you from which your identity is either apparent or can be reasonably determined.
Uses and sharing
We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose.
Generally, we will not use your personal information to market to you unless we have either your implied or express consent but in situations where it is impractical to obtain your prior consent, we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of future such communications.
We do not share your personal information with other organizations unless you give us your express consent, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or where this is necessary on a temporary basis to enable our contractors to perform specific functions.
When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies or other contractors to Anything Baby we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do.
Your rights and choices
You may interact with us anonymously where this is lawful and practicable.
You have the right to request access to the personal information you provide, and to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law.
You may instruct us to remove any previous consent you have provided to receive marketing communications from us.
We respect your personal information and your right to privacy. At Anything Baby, protecting your privacy when handling your personal information is very important to us and is fundamental to the way we serve you.
At Anything Baby we know that when you give us your personal information, it imposes a serious responsibility upon us. We are committed to protecting your personal information and maintaining your trust.
Collection covered by this Policy
Websites may contain links to non “Anything Baby” websites. Anything Baby is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Why we collect personal information and how we may use it?
Generally, Anything Baby will collect personal information directly from you, and only to the extent necessary to provide an Anything Baby product or service or to carry out our internal administrative operations to their consumers “the customer”.
We may collect personal information from you when:
- you fill in an application for our products or services;
- deal with us over the telephone;
- e-mail us;
- ask us to contact you after visiting our web site; or
- have contact with us in person.
We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We will use your personal information only for the particular purpose that you provided it, or for a directly related purpose.
We may otherwise use your personal information where that other use is:
- required or permitted by law; or
- with your express or implied consent.
Direct marketing and your privacy
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Anything Baby products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these products and services and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your consent and we will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in future.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information via the post we may do so with your implied consent or, if this is impracticable, we will ensure that you are provided with an opportunity to tick an "opt out" box to ensure you do not receive future such communications. By not ticking a clearly displayed "opt out" box, we will assume we have your implied consent to receive similar marketing communications in the future. We will always ensure that our opt out notices are clear, conspicuous and easy to take up.
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by e-mail, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express or implied consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information.
Consent may be implied from our existing business relationship or where you have directly or indirectly provided us with your electronic address.
All of our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Commonwealth).
Anything Baby usually does not engage in telemarketing activities to our customers. Generally, such marketing is only ever used in relation to our business customers. Should any consumer telemarketing be done or authorized by Anything Baby, will to the extent that it applies, comply with the:
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Commonwealth);
- Do Not Call Register (Consequential Amendments) Act 2006 (Commonwealth);
- Telecommunications (Do Not Call Register) (Telemarketing and Research Calls) Industry Standard 2007.
Your privacy preferences and choices
Every personalized marketing contact sent or made by Anything Baby will include a means by which customers may opt of receiving further marketing information.
You may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
We have a strict duty to maintain the privacy of all personal information we hold about you. However, certain exceptions do apply.
For example, where disclosure of your personal information is:
- authorized or required by law e.g. disclosure to various government departments and agencies such as the Australian Taxation Office, Centre Link, Child Support Agency, or disclosure to courts under subpoena.
- in the public interest e.g. where a crime, fraud or misdemeanour is committed or suspected, and disclosure against the customer's rights to confidentiality is justified.
- With your consent your consent may be implied or express and it may also be verbal or written.
Use of third party service providers
When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies, mail houses or other contractors to Anything Baby we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do. Contractual and other quality assurance measures are used to ensure your personal information is protected.
Updating your information
It is inevitable that some personal information which we hold will become out of date. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information which we hold remains accurate and, if you advise us of a change of details, we will amend our records accordingly.
Access to your personal information
Anything Baby will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us. However, we ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested.
Anything Baby will deal with your request to provide access to your personal information in a reasonable time - usually within 30 days of receipt of your request.
Anything Baby will not charge you for lodging such a request but we may recover from you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information.
Your right to access your personal information is not absolute. In certain circumstances, the law permits us to refuse your request to provide you with access to your personal information, such as circumstances where:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- access would be unlawful; or
- access may prejudice enforcement activities, a security function or commercial negotiations.
Freedom of Information laws
In addition to privacy laws, you may have rights to access your personal information contained in certain Anything Baby documents. Details on how to apply for access to these documents are contained in the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
Anything Baby is committed to keeping your trust by protecting and securing your personal information.
We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from unauthorized disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to individuals with a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for as long as it is required for business purposes or by the law.
Anything Baby protects your personal information by complying with industry best-practice standards.
Information collected on this website
We may collect non-personal information from you such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help us manage our web site.
Our internet server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical purposes only:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name (for example - .com, .gov, .au, etc.)
- the address of any referring web site (for example - the previous web site you visited), and
- your computer's IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
All of this information is used by Anything Baby for aggregated statistical analyses or systems administration purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by or under law.
A "cookie" is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses our web site) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer.
When you access our web site, we send you a temporary or "session cookie" that gives you a unique identification number. A different identification number is sent each time you use our website. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do identify a user's internet browser type and your Internet Service Provider. Shortly after you end your interaction with our web site, the cookie expires or "crumbles". This means it no longer exists on your computer and therefore cannot be used for further identification or access to your computer.
Without cookies certain personalized services cannot be provided to users of our website, accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website features if cookies have been disabled.
We use session cookies in the following manner:
- Log-on and log-off administration - If you decide to register with our site, so as, for example, to use one of our online services, session cookies help with the log-on and log-off process. The cookies enable us to recognize your log-on ID when you log on so that we do not establish a duplicate registration record for you.
- Transactions and site usability - We use session cookies to improve how you navigate through our website and conduct transactions. As examples, session cookies are used to maintain your online session as you browse over several pages; to store and prepopulate information so that you do not have to re-enter the same information twice. Session cookies may also be used to collect referral statistics when you click on a link or ad banner to or from auspost.com.au.
Anything Baby may also use "persistent cookies". A persistent cookie is a small piece of text stored on your computer's hard drive for a defined period of time, after which the cookie is erased. Anything Baby will not collect or link to personal information through persistent cookies without your express consent.
We use persistent cookies as follows:
- Site usage measurement - Our site measurement tool uses a persistent cookie to assist us in measuring how and when our web site and its various components are used. It functions as a "visit cookie," so we can determine if you are a repeat visitor to our site. This allows us to know if we are attracting new visitors and what aspects of the site seem most useful. The cookie will expire 30 days after your last visit.
- Log-off safety function - Anything Baby uses a persistent cookie to automatically log you off of certain sites if there has been no activity for 15 minutes. This is done for your safety to ensure that, if you have finished using our site but have forgotten to log off, no one else can use your computer via your log on and password. The cookie is permanently removed from your computer when you log off, or, if you have closed the browser without logging off, it is removed within 15 minutes from your last activity.
- Opt-in cookies - Persistent cookies allow us, at your request, to recognise you when you return to sites or to remember certain information that you have provided us. The recognition feature allows you to log on to certain Anything Baby sites automatically, without having to enter your name and password each visit. The cookie assigns a random number to you, which we link to personal information you have provided and your site activity. This allows us to personalise the site for you and tailor the content to your needs, for instance to show you banner ads about other products you may be interested in.
Other cookies allow us to remember certain information related to prior transactions, such as package tracking numbers, or mailing or address lists, so we may prepopulate those fields for you on return visits. These features and cookies are strictly at your request and for your convenience.
We will also present you with a convenient way to remove the cookies, via where you manage your account, if you decide later that you want to terminate one or more of these functions. The cookies will expire one year from your last visit.
You can configure your internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your internet browser's instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions.
Links to other sites
Where the Anything Baby site contains links to other sites. We are ultimately not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on those websites prior to providing any information to them.
Some of the content appearing on the Anything Baby website may be supplied by third parties, for example, by framing third party web sites or the incorporation through "framesets" of content supplied by third party application service providers. In such cases Anything Baby will ensure that our contractual arrangements with these third parties protect your personal information in compliance with privacy laws.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms for the purpose of aggregated statistical analyses so we can ascertain what people are looking for on our website, and to improve the services that we provide.
Also, from time to time, we may use external companies to provide us with detailed aggregate statistical analyses of our website traffic. At no time is any personal information made available to these companies, nor is the aggregate information ever merged with personal information such as your name, address, email address or other information you would consider sensitive or would compromise your privacy.
Website security and privacy
We understand that you may be concerned about the security of the personal information we collect from you online.
Accordingly, we have systems in place to ensure our online dealings with you are as secure as your dealings with us in person, or on the telephone.
In those instances where we secure your personal information in transit to us and upon receipt, we use the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption. The URL in your browser will change to "HTTPS" instead of "HTTP" when this security feature is invoked. Your browser may also display a lock symbol on its bottom task bar line to indicate this secure transmission is in place.
For site security purposes and to ensure this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor network traffic in order to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause us damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits other than those uses identified in this policy. Unauthorized modification or misuse of information stored in this system will be investigated and may result in criminal prosecution.
If Anything Baby transfers personal information to countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws.
Anything Baby will take reasonable steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. We have procedures and data transfer contracts as appropriate to help ensure this.
Anything Baby believes it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity. When we knowingly collect personal information from children, we ask only for the minimum information necessary to seek access to the information or service for which the child is requesting.
Further information on privacy
You can obtain further general information about your privacy rights and privacy law from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
- calling their Privacy Hotline on 1300 363 992, or
- visiting their web site at www.privacy.gov.au , or
- by writing to: The Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 1042